Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Five Guys Burgers and Fries -Pelham Manor *

Hmmmm. A little trouble starting this review off so might as well start it how it happened...


My Wife and I were Hanging out with my Brother and we were all hungry so we all agreed on Wendys.
We got to Wendys in Pelham/Bronx and waited at drive-thru for 15 min only to find out credit card machine was broke and all we had was plastic.

I heard so much about this Five Guys Burgers and Fries and how good the food is and so on and so forth. Of course we decided to go there being it was so close and we heard all the raving and ranting......

BIG MISTAKE! 

We get on line and ordered 2 bacon cheeseburgers and one regular cheeseburger medium rare and 2 orders of fries. The man behind the register says "no" , Excuse me I said in a polite but inquisitive manor. Then he informs me that I can not "Have it my way". You take it how they make it , all well done with no exceptions. Fine if the food is that good I haven't a problem. They give us a number and we go to the second line , The waiting line and waited about 25 minutes with no exaggeration. we take the food home I try a fry , Disgusting tasteless burned potato. Then the burgers , I was starving. The burger was Bland, Dry and tasted like any burger you have at a friends BBQ or your own BBQ but worse. In-fact my Wife spit it out then threw it in the trash , I ate it because I was famished and My brother ate it while complaining the whole time. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention they forgot to put cheese on my burger!

all in all I give Five Guys 1 star even though they deserve 0! 




Peter G. Uliano (Editor-in-Chief)
METventure@gmail.com
www.EatWestchester.com

1 comment:

  1. An actual food criticFebruary 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM

    What a lie, you can definitely make it your way. I've been to that Five Guys plenty of times before, and have had only the best service. The food may be a little pricey, but the food is fresh..They even tell you where the potatoes came from for the french fries. Maybe you should take your wife to McDonald's and try the dollar menu, because obviously you have no taste...Oh, by the way, they were Zagat rated for a reason.

    ReplyDelete